WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Best practices and standards to use when developing high-quality APIs.
- What guarantees do End-to-End API tests give in your testing strategy.
- Practical guidelines to use when building End-to-End tests.
- How to properly use the Gherkin syntax to write End-to-End API tests.
- Automating created End-to-End tests using Java or .NET.
About this Course
Time and time again, we are seeing Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models rise in popularity. Moreover, microservices architecture has also gained momentum. As a result, APIs are at the forefront as enablers for creating software systems. Needless to say, it has become more important than ever to assure their high quality. The shift towards companies delivering APIs as their end-product, creates a new need in testing software. Without any doubt, it has become more important to test software without User Interface interaction.
This course introduces the principles to follow when building APIs. Focus is made on adhering to REST standards and applying industry best practices. This helps participants gain understand how high-quality APIs should behave. During this course, we also learn how to define End-to-End API tests using the Gherkin syntax. These tests are automated using a Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) framework, such as Cucumber.
Through this course, attendees understand how to design, develop and test high-quality APIs.
Note: Two separate courses are run, one using Java and using .NET.
Register your Interest
Get training for yourself or your teams today! If you are interested in learning more about this course, register your interest and we will get back to you with more information.
- Basic understanding of software development.
- Intermediate understanding of the Gherkin syntax.
Who is it for?
- Software Developers
- Software Quality Assurance Specialists (QA Engineers, Software Testers, SDETs)
|Individual – Public Classroom||€150|
|Individual – 1-on-1||P.O.R.|