WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Understand what is a Testing Strategy and why it is needed.
- How to actively participate in a RiskStorming session.
- Practical guidance on how to facilitate RiskStorming.
- Answer common questions and address common pitfalls that arise during RiskStorming sessions.
- What advantages does a risk-based Testing Strategy bring to your team
About this Course
Most development team members can describe what testing is being conducted. Yet, very few can explain why they chose to test aspects of the system and not others. Even less can answer with confidence what risks their testing is mitigating. Teams should also understand which risks are not addressed with the current tests.
This course explores a process known as RiskStorming. High-performance teams are using RiskStorming when planning projects. It creates discussion amongst people from different business units to create a Testing Strategy. Examples of these units are Product, Security and DevOps. RiskStorming is a technique used to list the most important quality aspects in the System Under Test (SUT). Moreover, it highlights the risks the SUT faces by ignoring these aspects. Finally, the team chooses different techniques and patterns to mitigate the identified risks. This whole process uses the TestSphere card deck to stir discussion amongst the participants. Also, it gives a sense of gamification to the process. The RiskStorming process enables the team to compile a Testing Strategy for the project.
After taking this course, attendees are able to design Testing Strategies through RiskStorming. These aim to mitigate risks specific to their projects.
Register your Interest
Get training for yourself or your teams today! If you are interested in learning more about this course, register your interest and we will get back to you with more information.
- Intermediate understanding of software development.
Who is it for?
- Software Developers
- Software Quality Assurance Specialists (QA Engineers, Software Testers, SDETs)
- Software Delivery Specialists (DevOps Engineers, Release Managers, Service Delivery Managers)
- Software Infrastructure Specialists (Infrastructure Engineers, Network Engineers)
- Software Architects
- Change Agents (Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches)
- Product Owners, Business Analysts and Project Managers
|Individual – Public Classroom||€150|
|Individual – 1-on-1||P.O.R.|