WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Exposure to a performance engineering mindset.
- Understand the different types of performance tests.
- Understand the different performance engineering activities.
- Learn how to use JMeter to design, implement and execute basic performance tests.
About this Course
Similar to the engineers that built them, software systems tend to behave differently under stress. Memory leaks, race conditions, inefficient code, connection starvation, bottlenecks: all of these implementation defects are only observable when the system is subject to the high loads typically experienced in production environments. Despite potentially having devastating impacts on our businesses, they are generally not detected before being experienced by our users.
This course introduces participants to the field of performance engineering. Participants will be exposed to the different types of performance tests, understanding how they can be performed and their objective. The activity of performance testing will be broken down into different phases, each of which will be explored to identify its challenges and lessons from the industry. Similar to other testing activities, performance testing cannot live in isolation. Best practices will be shared to help participants integrate what they learnt in their development processes.
The practical side of this course will introduce participants to JMeter, a leading performance testing tool. After this course, participants will be able to start using this tool to write performance tests for their own applications.
Register your Interest
Get training for yourself or your teams today! If you are interested in learning more about this course, register your interest and we will get back to you with more information.
- Basic understanding of software development.
- Basic understanding of web application concepts.
Who is it for?
- Software Developers
- Software Quality Assurance Specialists (QA Engineers, Software Testers, SDETs)
- Software Infrastructure Specialists (Infrastructure Engineers, Network Engineers)
- Software Architects
|Individual – Public Classroom||€170|
|Individual – 1-on-1||P.O.R.|